MyLibraryNYC is a partnership between the Department of Education's Department of Library Services and the New York City's Public Library Systems: Brooklyn Public Library, New York Public Library and Queens Public Library to raise student achievement through digital access to and school-site delivery of the millions of books and informational resources available in the libraries' collections.
Highlights of the program include:
• Use of an increased number and variety of text, multimedia and primary sources to plan rigorous units and lessons - currently there are over 10,000 Teacher Sets available! NEW SETS ADDED include graphic calculators, Playaways, launchpads, games, puppetry, and much more.
• Ability to check out Virtual eBook Teach Sets to support instruction, classroom collections, and independent reading (in development);
• Educator and Student accounts with enhanced borrowing privileges like fine-freeing borrowing from the public library systems and access to electronic databases and eBooks;
• Virtual professional development and support for the school librarian to provide enhanced library services for everyone in the school community;
• Opportunities to build a collaborative partnership with the local library branch to provide programming services around reading and literacy from MyLibraryNYC School Outreach Librarians;
• Invitations to virtual special events such as author talks, gaming contests, exhibitions and more