MyLibraryNYC is a partnership between the Department of Education's Office of Library Services and the New York City's Public Library Systems: Brooklyn Public Library, New York Public Library and Queens Library to raise student achievement through digital access to and school-site delivery of the millions of books and informational resources available in the libraries' collections.
Highlights of the program include:
• Use of an increased number and variety of text, multimedia and primary sources to plan rigorous units and lessons - currently there are over 8,000 Teacher Sets available!
• FREE PICKUP AND DELIVERY OF TEACHER SETS to support instruction, classroom collections, and independent reading;
• Educator and Student accounts with enhanced borrowing privileges like fine-freeing borrowing from the public library systems and access to electronic databases and eBooks;
• Professional development and support for the school librarian to provide enhanced library services for everyone in the school community;
• Opportunities to build a collaborative partnership with the local library branch to provide programming services around reading and literacy;
• Invitations to special events such as author talks, gaming contests, exhibitions and more!